Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cricket at Washington DC

It's been quite a while that I opened my blog to post something. The last time I remember is way back in Sep/Oct 2006. I dont know why, but suddenly today I thought to re-blog, if I can use that word :).

After moving to Maryland, I thought I might not find any league here to play cricket. I used to play on almost every weekend during the regular season in Chicago for Suburban Cricket Club. We also used to play, on almost everyday, in our University (NIU) during Summer. Luckily, I found that Washington DC has got well organized cricket league, and I joined a very competitive team, Bengals Cricket Club, truly an Asian team (except for the fact that we dont have any SriLankans in our team), with players from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. The reason why I said "competitive" was, it's very difficult to make a cut into the playing 11, reason being everyone in the team (and, right now, I think our team has nearly 20+ players always looking for a place in playing 11) are on par with each other.

To cut a long story short, I feel pretty lucky to be in the playing 11 whenever I was available. So far I played 4 games, and I missed out 2. Our team is performing decently in the league with 4 wins, and 2 losses.

Will continue later .....

No comments: